Download the new Tasty app: http://tstyapp.com/m/mFqUXJtD3E
Reserve the One Top: http://bit.ly/2v0iast
Vegan Spaghetti Carbonara
12 ounces spaghetti
3 cups shiitake mushroom caps, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
½ cup cashews, soaked overnight
¼ cup olive oil
⅓ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1½ tablespoons nutritional yeast
1½ tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon paprika
Parsley, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
3. Toss shiitake mushrooms, oil, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
4. Arrange mixture on parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Flip the mushrooms and continue baking for 8-9 minutes, or until mushrooms are crispy and brown.
5. Cool mushroom slices on baking sheet.
6. For the sauce, combine cashews, olive oil, garlic cloves, nutritional yeast, milk, lemon juice, pepper, salt, and paprika in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
7. Drain water from pasta and return pasta to pot.
8. Add the sauce and stir until pasta is well-coated.
9. Mix in mushroom bacon.
10. Top with parsley, and enjoy!
INSPIRED BY: https://wellandfull.com/2017/03/a-really-good-vegan-carbonara/
Check us out on Facebook! – facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty
Get the recipe: http://bit.ly/2fz0jUf
Licensed via Warner Chappell Production Music Inc.